If you had asked me 4 years ago about my dream vacation, I would’ve said, “running with the bulls in Italy.” Or maybe I’d have said, “Seeing the Great Wall of Russia.” Like George Bailey, my only limits were the size (and accuracy) of the dreams I could dream. But now, with three kids under 5, my dream vacation has changed. With each viewing of Cinderella, Finding Nemo, Snow White, and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, my dreams of kayaking through Great Britain’s mighty rainforests are no longer the important dreams. Instead, the possibility of meeting Mickey Mouse, of having breakfast with Donald Duck and Goofy, and of watching fireworks explode above the Magic Kingdom have become the vacations of my dreams. My children’s dreams have become my dreams. What was it Jiminy Cricket used to say? “When you wish upon a star…?” Yes. Your vacation dreams come true.
Monday, July 16, 2007
Dream Vacation
Keep your finger's crossed that this 150-words-or-less essay wins my family a trip. Entrants were asked to describe their dream vacation and the best essay wins their "dream."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment