
My new favorite memory comes from Jimmy. Just over 2 months old, he sometimes wakes in the middle of the night and sings. He has no concept of time and thinks when he wakes up, it must be morning. Last night I heard him at 3am, softly singing, "toooo towwwwwwn ...toooo toooown," and, "watch out! watch out!" These are the only 4 words he knows from "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." He sang for 10 minutes - which seems like hours at 3am when you're praying he doesn't wake up his sister-slash-roommate, or his 3-month old sister in the next room, or even my poor sleep deprived stay-at-home-wife-slash-mom.
In this case, he didn't wake anyone. And I enjoyed one awfully adorable memory and moment all to myself.
I can only share it with you this way, or tell you about it. I wish I could somehow get those moments back. Don't we all?
No comments:
Post a Comment